I’m a pretty happy person most of the time. But some things make me feel a deep sense of happiness, perhaps, joy.
- The excitement with which my grandchildren say “grandma!” each time they see me.
- When me and my kids (kid-in-laws included) spend quality time together.
- Lying in bed and seeing the stars shine in the night sky; the Big Dipper shows itself outside my bedroom window.
- A big, bright moon lighting up the night.
- Helping someone in need.
- Getting lost in a really good book. I can read for hours if it’s a really good book.
- Writing a piece that turned out better than I thought it would. Many years ago, I wrote an election night coverage story for my hometown newspaper that turned out so well, to this day, that story is one of my favorites. It was one of those stories that seemed to write itself.
- Starbucks Double Shots – There’s nothing like drinking a Starbucks Double Shot as the tasty liquid caresses my throat and the feel of espresso kick starting my day! It’s happiness in a can.
Awesome Readers, please share what makes you happy.